Here in Florida, it’s nonetheless sizzling, which implies we’re nonetheless barbecuing like mad. And so I’ve zero disgrace in sharing this simple BBQ recipe with you in mid-September. Frankly, right here within the South, we aren’t essentially averse to serving up just a little barbecue on the holidays, so don’t be afraid to bust this gorgeous dish out for the vacation desk just a little later within the 12 months. It’s additionally a kid-pleaser. Bacon makes every part higher, and all.
Including the time it took me to rinse and trim the beans, I had this dish executed in underneath an hour, and most of that was bake time so you should have loads of time to throw collectively an superior fundamental dish, or grill up some steak or burgers, whereas that is getting all tasty within the oven.
Notes: I used my fabulous Maple Bourbon BBQ sauce right here, and that’s what I used to calculate the macros. If your favourite keto-friendly sauce is just a little larger within the carb depend, it’d make a slight distinction, however actually so long as the sauce shouldn’t be loaded in starch and sugar it ought to be a reasonably negligible one. If you may have the time, make the sauce, although. I promise, it’s price it.
Look for bacon that has about 12 slices in a pound. In my space, that’s the thick reduce type. Lastly, I broiled my bundles for a couple of minutes proper on the finish simply so the highest of the bacon can be good and caramelized. You don’t must, but when the bacon nonetheless appears barely moist it might be a good suggestion to comply with that step.
- 1 lb (16 oz/454 g) contemporary inexperienced beans, ends flippantly trimmed
- 1 tbsp (1/2 fl oz/15 ml) avocado oil
- 3/4-1 tsp garlic salt (or to style)
- 1/2 tsp floor black pepper
- 1 lb (16 oz/454 g) thick reduce bacon, approx 12 slices, reduce in half, width-wise
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/59 ml) your favourite sugar-free BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a big baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse and dry your inexperienced beans, then toss them in a bowl with the avocado oil, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Bind collectively 4-6 inexperienced beans and wrap with half-slice of bacon throughout the center, overlapping bacon barely behind the bundle. This ought to yield roughly 24 bundles.
- Arrange bundles, back-side down, on the baking sheet.
- Brush every bundle with some BBQ sauce, utilizing all of it by the top.
- Bake at 400°F for 40-45 minutes, till bacon is cooked via and beans are properly roasted.
- If desired, broil for 2-3 minutes to crisp the highest of the bacon.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes earlier than serving sizzling.
- Reheat any leftovers by broiling them for 2-3 minutes, or till heated via and bacon is re-crisped.
Per approx. 3 bundles: 307 cal, 20.3 g protein, 21.8 g fats, 6.7 g carbs, 1.6 g fiber, 1.3 g sugar alcohol, 3.8 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: Approx. 3 bundles
Keywords: Green beans, bacon bundles, bbq