It’s berry season right here in Pennsylvania, which suggests my Keto jam recipe has been getting it’s honest use!
Of all of the jams and jellies I wish to make at residence, blueberry is a specific favourite.
The taste profile is exclusive and I completely love the deep, wealthy purple shade.
This sugar-free jam recipe is nice for spreading in your favourite low carb bread. It tastes wonderful in ice cream and yogurt, too!
At simply 1 internet carbs per serving, this recipe can be gluten free and appropriate for almost anybody!
Jam vs Jelly
Jam and jelly are comparable, however most don’t know the distinction (myself included).
Traditional jelly recipes are typically made with pure fruit juice, creating a ravishing (but nonetheless clear) shade. All fruit and fiber get strained out to create a silky easy consistency.
Jam alternatively, makes use of the whole fruit. It’s additionally decrease in sugar and I like seeing the bits and items of actual blueberry all through.
Ingredients for Sugar-free Blueberry Jam
Like virtually all of my recipes, I attempt to maintain it easy with the elements listing.
- lemon juice
- sweetener of alternative
- thickener of alternative
If you look by way of conventional jam recipes, you’ll see that many name for including an ingredient referred to as pectin.
Pectin is a sort of starch that’s naturally present in vegatables and fruits.
Unfortunately, pectin is a concentrated supply of carbohydrates and isn’t a Keto-friendly choice.
Thickening your jam
My recipe makes use of a thickener referred to as xanthan gum. It’s extract from seaweed and does a superb job of thickening sauces.
That goes with out saying, watch out when including your xanthan gum! Too a lot can flip your jam right into a thick glob of goo.
Looking for one more strategy to thicken your jam? You also can strive:
- chia seeds
- guar gum
- sunflower lecithin
Can I exploit frozen blueberries?
When in a pinch, frozen blueberries will work simply effective.
The solely major distinction would be the texture. Frozen fruit tends to get mushy pretty fast, so adjusting your cooking occasions could also be needed.
Surprisingly sufficient, frozen fruit is typically even higher than contemporary. This is as a result of frozen fruit tends to be processed at precisely the proper time of ripening.
Switch it up with these variations
This recipe serves as an amazing base for quite a lot of different spreads. For instance, Keto strawberry jam with contemporary strawberries is one other favourite that I crank out on the common.
You might simply as simply swap up the blueberries for:
I additionally recommend taking part in with the citrus varieties to create one thing uniquely your individual:
- add orange or lime juice for a refreshing twist
- zest your citrus for a pop of taste and attention-grabbing texture
Per traditional, you possibly can swap out the sweeteners with your favorites, too. I’m going for allulose on this recipe as a result of it blends and tastes identical to sugar with no cooling impact. This brings out the pure sweetness of the blueberries and it’s incredible!
Not an enormous of candy flavors beginning Keto? You can reduce the sweetener quantity to 1/4 cup and even take away it fully!
Even with out added sweetness, this recipe could be very forgiving and can nonetheless work out ultimately.
Can I can this jam recipe?
Because of the simplicity of the elements, this isn’t a recipe that will work nicely for canning.
When canning jams and jellies, acids are used to protect the flavors of the fruit.
While this recipe makes use of lemon juice (citric acid), it’s not sufficient to take care of the qualities of the jam.
Because of this, I really useful serving inside one week of preparation or freezing in ice dice trays.
Recipes that go nicely with jam
- In place of the raspberries, strive swirling this blueberry jam into my Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake recipe.
- Spread a layer over cream cheese on a Zesty Cheddar Biscuit for a salty-sweet taste mixture!
- Surprisingly, this sauce works with savory meals, too. I wish to create my very own model of IKEA’s Swedish meatball and sub in my blueberry jam for the lingonberry.
Tips for profitable jam
- If you want your blueberry items to be on the smaller facet, don’t prepare dinner longer. Instead, use a wood spoon or potato masher to interrupt them down. An immersion blender will work even higher.
- One of my favourite low carb bread recipes is definitely a combination! It’s the all-purpose bread combine from Good Dee’s.
- Trying to think about methods to include jam into your meals? I like so as to add mine to spicy dishes to stability out the degrees of warmth.
- If you discover your jam burning rapidly, strive eradicating from the warmth and including a contact extra water. Also contemplate beginning with medium warmth — nothing is worse than the scent of burnt fruit!
New to a Keto Diet?
You’ve most likely heard everybody and their mom speaking about Keto by this level. In case you haven’t, there are many free assets on my website to get you began!
Keto Jam with Fresh Blueberries
A scrumptious and easy Keto jam recipe that options farm contemporary blueberries. This low carb recipe requires no pectin!
small sauce pan
Add blueberries, lemon juice and water to a small saucepan and switch warmth to medium-low.
Stir often till combination begins to boil. This takes roughly 8-10 minutes.
Add in allulose and stir. Reduce warmth to a low simmer and prepare dinner for one more 5-10 minutes. Your blueberries ought to begin to pop and launch their juices.
Stir in xanthan gum and blend evenly.
Remove from warmth and let set for 10 minutes.
Serve instantly or let cool fully earlier than storing within the fridge for as much as 1 week.
Keto Jam with Fresh Blueberries
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie eating regimen.
Which berry jam is your favourite taste?