This is my child-pleaser, y’all. But actually, who doesn’t like chocolate chip cookies?! I’d wager that listing is fairly brief.
This recipe whips up fairly shortly and simply. I primarily based it- style-wise- largely on the outdated Tollhouse-inspired recipe that’s been circulating by means of my dad’s aspect of the household for so long as I can bear in mind. It is scaled down, clearly, primarily as a result of I don’t want dozens and dozens of cookies hanging round my home, but it surely undoubtedly has the identical buttery taste I bear in mind with out the piles of butter-flavored hydrogenated vegetable shortening I used to make use of.
Notes: The two kinda bizarre components I included are plain collagen peptide powder and plain gelatin powder (just like the Knox stuff you will get within the grocery retailer). I first tried each by itself; all collagen peptides and it was so mild that the cookies have been a bit too delicate, and with all gelatin they held collectively however have been approach too agency at room temperature and wanted re-heating to be chewy once more. So, I break up the distinction and ended up with a cookie that holds up nicely and has chewiness to it, however isn’t so dense that it’s arduous when it’s not heat. As far as compromises go, this was one.
For anybody , when searching for collagen, you might be searching for unflavored (plain) collagen peptides. The solely components ought to be bovine collagen peptides, and it’s often bought as a complement. The peptides half is essential as a result of it’s the pre-damaged-down nature of collagen peptides that causes baked items to be mild as a substitute of gelled and dense (which is what you get with common collagen and gelatin).
If you’d like to make use of half granulated Swerve and half Swerve Brown for the sweetener, that is further scrumptious and genuine!
- 4 oz (113) g tremendous almond flour
- 3/4 oz (21 g) coconut flour
- 1 scoop (approx.10 g) unflavored (plain) collagen peptides powder
- 1 (1/4 oz/ 7 g) packet plain gelatin powder
- beneficiant pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 3/4 oz ( 78 g) Swerve granular (or granulated sweetener of selection)
- 1 giant egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 drops vanilla liquid stevia, if desired
- 1.5 oz (42 g) Lily’s baking chips (or sugar free chocolate chips of your selection)
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, collagen peptides, gelatin, salt, and baking powder. Stir collectively till mixed and put aside.
- In a mixing bowl, with a hand or stand mixer, cream collectively softened butter and granulated sweetener till mild and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, and liquid stevia (if utilizing) and beat till easy.
- Beat within the dry components, a couple of third of the combination at a time, till simply mixed. Do not overbeat.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- With your arms, roll dough into 24 evenly-sized balls, every about an inch giant, and house them about an 1 1/2 inches aside on the baking sheets.
- Press down on the highest of every cookie ball with the palm of your hand, till it’s barely flattened on high. Don’t press it utterly flat or you should have a dry cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or till the bottoms are flippantly brown and the highest is simply beginning to look golden. Remember the 95% rule! Pull it out when it’s about 95% of the way in which to the place you need it to be, and it’ll end any residual cooking because it stands.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes to chill. Remove to a cooling rack to complete cooling, as desired.
If you double the recipe, or must make them in batches:
Put any dough not able to be baked within the fridge till you’re able to roll it and put it within the oven.
Per cookie: 79.5 cal, 3 g protein, 7.1 g fats, 5.9 g carbs, 1.3 g fiber, 3.67 g sugar alcohol, 0.93 g NET carbs
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chip, child, household, straightforward, basic