Happy Valentine’s Day, Kitchenistas!
I’ve a number of meat-centric recipes within the queue, so earlier than we flip into Savory Central I believed I’d have fun the day by giving y’all a bit of low carb candy deal with you may share together with your sweetie.
This recipe is one thing I principally got here up with final summer season-ish, and was impressed by my superior buddy Rekka Jay and her tremendous cool husband Matt. Rekka and Matt have been asking me a few sweet concoction that was a candy coconut truffle-like filling coated in a complete pile of cinnamon. I attempted my hand at ketofying it, and the filling half was so good I filed it away in my head as having formal keto recipe potential.
In my non-keto days, I used to be a type of people that beloved each Mounds and Almond Joy candies, and so once I received again round to turning the coconut filling into one thing, these candies have been the very first thing that got here to thoughts! The better part? You can use the almonds or not, relying on which one was your favourite again within the day.
Notes: If you needed to make this dairy-free, use coconut-based mostly merchandise and dairy-free, sugar free chocolate.
Feel free to make use of sugar free darkish or milk chocolate, per your individual tastes. The almonds are additionally elective. This recipe is one which largely works finest in quantity ratios, so that’s the manner it’s written.
- 1 c coconut butter (aka, coconut manna), unsweetened
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) heavy cream (can also use canned coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp (1 oz/ 28 g) salted butter (can also use coconut oil)
- 1/4 c Swerve Confectioner’s (or your favourite powdered sweetener)
- heavy pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 24 uncooked, unsalted almonds (elective)
- 4 oz (113 g) sugar free chocolate, chopped or in chips (I used Lily’s baking chips)
- 1 tbsp lard, coconut oil, or unsalted butter
- Arrange 24 silicone mini-muffin liners or different related silicone sweet molds on a tray.
- In a small saucepan, warmth coconut butter, butter, heavy cream, sea salt, and powdered sweetener on medium, stirring incessantly, till the coconut butter is simply melted and the combination is mixed, then instantly take away from the warmth. This will solely take two or three minutes. Do not overheat! If you warmth it too lengthy, the coconut oil within the coconut butter will separate and you’ll have to cool the entire thing to re-incorporate it again into the combination.
- Stir within the vanilla extract and coconut flakes.
- Divide the filling evenly between the liners, then press 1 almond into the middle of every. With a spoon or your fingers, press the filling across the almond so it’s utterly coated in filling.
- Freeze the candies for half-hour, or till utterly stable.
- In small bowl, soften the chocolate and lard (or coconut oil or butter) collectively within the microwave on half energy, in 15 second increments, stirring effectively in between every increment.
- When the chocolate is melted and easy and glossy, dip every sweet into the chocolate to coat, and take away with two forks. Be certain to let any extra chocolate drip by means of the tines again into the bowl.
- Place every chocolate-coated sweet on a tray lined with parchment. Freeze the coated candies 20 minutes, or till utterly set.
- Store candies in a coated container within the fridge.
Per 1 darkish chocolate-coated almond sweet: 135 cal, 1.5 G protein, 12.5 g fats, 8 g carbs, 3.1 g fiber, 3.5 g sugar alcohol, 1.4 g NET carbs
Keywords: Almond pleasure, mounds, keto chocolate, truffles, sweet