In the before-keto-times, I used to be a chocolate peanut butter cup lady. That was my most favoritest taste mixture within the historical past of ever. I’m additionally an enormous fan of icebox pies that require little-to-no cooking. So, when certainly one of my besties requested I concoct a simple chocolate pudding, I used to be compelled to proceed tinkering till the tip product grew to become a low-carb peanut butter and chocolate pile of scrumptious.
And right here we’re: fudgy chocolate crust, peanut butter and chocolate pudding filling, whipped cream topping, and garnished with chocolate ganache and chopped peanuts. In different phrases, mouth heaven.
This is a significant family-pleaser. The youngsters tremendously accredited (they’ve requested me to make it as soon as per week since I got here up with it), and I believe it could be the proper ending to any summer season celebratory feasting!
Notes: For a ketonian, peanuts could be a little bit of a gray space ingredient. I’m firmly on Team Peanut, however in case you’re not, that’s completely OK. This recipe nonetheless comes out splendidly with almond butter. It would most likely be fairly good with pecan butter, too. You do you. All will probably be properly.
- 4 oz (113 g) tremendous positive almond flour (I used King Arthur model)
- 1 oz (28g) granulated sweetener (I used Swerve)
- 1/2 oz (14 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- splash vanilla extract
- 10 drops chocolate flavored liquid stevia (I used Sweet Leaf)
- 4 tbsp (2 oz/57 g) salted butter, melted
- 3 c (24 fl oz/710 ml) heavy cream
- 3/4 oz (21 g) powdered sweetener (I used Swerve Confectioner’s)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla flavored liquid stevia (I used Sweet Leaf)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding:
- 5 oz (142 g) sugar-free darkish chocolate baking chips (I used Lily’s)
- 1/2 oz (14 g) granulated sweetener (I used Swerve)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp chocolate flavored liquid stevia (I used Sweet Leaf)
- 1 giant egg yolk
- 1/3 c (2.66 fl oz/79 ml) pure salted peanut butter, unsweetened (I used Teddie model)
- 1 c (8 fl oz/237 ml) unsweetened boxed coconut milk (the skinny stuff from the carton/I used So Delicious)
- 1 tbsp darkish chocolate baking chips
- 1 tbsp (1/2 fl oz/15 ml) heavy cream
- 1- 1 1/2 tbsp roughly chopped roasted and salted peanuts
Make the crust:
- In a mixing bowl, stir collectively the almond flour, sweetener, and cocoa powder.
- Mix within the melted butter, vanilla, and liquid stevia to make the dough.
- Press evenly into the underside and up the perimeters of a 9”, deep dish pie plate.
- Set apart within the fridge to sit back a bit.
Make the whipped cream:
- In a big bowl, whip the heavy cream with the powdered sweetener, vanilla, and vanilla liquid stevia till stiff peaks.
- Set apart within the fridge.
Make the filling and assemble:
- In a meals processor, pulse collectively all filling substances aside from the coconut milk. You need to pulse a number of instances simply to evenly distribute the weather.
- Heat the coconut milk within the microwave till it simply involves a boil. This ought to take a couple of minute to a minute-and-a-half on full energy.
- Turn the meals processor on and slowly pour the new coconut milk by the spout whereas it’s operating. Don’t fear! The warmth from the coconut milk will pasteurize the egg yolk whereas additionally activating its thickening energy.
- Continue operating the meals processor till the combination is totally easy. Transfer the sleek chocolate and peanut butter combination to a room temperature mixing bowl and let stand ten minutes to chill barely.
- Once cooled, gently fold in half the whipped cream combination from earlier. Put the remaining whipped cream again into the fridge.
- When the whipped cream has been totally included, pour the filling into the pie crust, then place it within the fridge to sit back and largely set. This ought to take round 2 hours.
- Once the filling has largely set within the crust, unfold the remaining whipped cream excessive and place within the fridge when you get your garnish prepared.
- Make a easy ganache drizzle by heating the chocolate chips and heavy cream collectively on half energy in 15 second increments, stirring properly in between every heating. As quickly because it’s all melted collectively, put aside for 5 minutes to chill.
- Once cool, drizzle the ganache evenly excessive of the pie and sprinkle on chopped peanuts, as desired.
- Return to the fridge and let chill one other 2 hours to utterly set.
- Once set, slice the pie into 12 equal items and serve chilly.
Per slice: 395 cal, 6.5 g protein, 39 g fats, 20.8 g carbs, 5.9 g fiber, 10.6 g sugar alcohol, 4.3 g NET carbs
Keywords: Chocolate peanut butter pie, no bake pie, icebox pie, low carb, keto, sugar free