‘Quick’ and ‘easy’ are in all probability my two favourite adjectives.
I’m a keep-at-house, homeschooling mama working multiple job. Let’s simply say I’m ceaselessly pressed for time, so any dish I can put together merely and in 5 or ten minutes is good.
That goes double for breakfast meals. Breakfast might be the one meal I actually don’t get pleasure from cooking, as a result of I’m drained and often haven’t had fairly sufficient caffeine but. That’s why, in my pre-keto days, I used to like the heck out of some frozen breakfast meals, most particularly these breakfast bowls with all of the fixings. You might open the freezer, scratch open a bundle, and in 5 minutes or so, you had a filling bowl of eggs, meat, potato, and often some form of cheese on the desk, with little or no thought and energy concerned.
Keto life modified issues fairly a bit. Potatoes are out, and even the little cups of simply the eggs and meats and issues often have some form of starch added, so pre-packaged breakfast is a non-starter. But with two quickly rising youngsters within the house- and a burning need to maintain them as keto as possible- getting breakfast on the desk is a should.
That means cooking. In the morning. Before I’m actually awake.
I don’t often thoughts slightly effort to prep my meals within the night, however very first thing within the AM? I’m extra nervous about getting a second cuppa than I’m chopping and cooking. All of which is why I like this recipe. It’s fast, simple, and tremendous filling. I’ve just about at all times bought bacon made, I preserve my cheese shredded, and now I should purchase radish (my go-to breakfast potato stand-in) in pre-sliced rounds. I could make a hearty, keto-pleasant breakfast in 5 to 10 minutes and not using a complete lot of thought or effort as soon as once more.
Notes: This recipe is insanely simple to customise. Use no matter herbs and spices you favor to make it your personal. My personal favourite solution to eat that is to sprinkle in some taco-type seasonings (chili powder, cumin, and many others), and use a mixture of cheddar and pepper jack cheeses. It makes a pleasant Southwestern breakfast bowl. If you could watch protein, you’ll be able to very simply scale it again right here by reducing the eggs all the way down to 4 whole (2 per serving). Dairy-free? No drawback! Just skip the cheese and also you’re good to go.
Quick, simple, and filling!
- 1/2 lb (8 oz/227 g) radish, uncooked (in pre-sliced rounds, or cleaned and quartered)
- 3 tbsp. bacon drippings, or fats of selection (avocado oil, butter, and many others)
- 6 giant eggs, overwhelmed
- 2 oz (57 g) shredded cheese, your favourite sort
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- salt, pepper, and different seasonings, as desired
- Heat bacon drippings over medium-excessive in a skillet till sizzling.
- Add radish to the skillet and pan fry till golden and tender. They will begin wanting translucent as they cook dinner. This is OK.
- Add overwhelmed egg to the skillet. I pour mine proper over the radish, however for those who’d like, you possibly can make a nicely by transferring the radish to the perimeters of the pan and and principally scramble the eggs within the empty house, mixing all of it again collectively as soon as the eggs are principally carried out. That’s as much as you.
- Add spices and seasonings, as desired and stir in cheese to soften.
- Mix bacon into the skillet and cook dinner till heated by means of, then take away from the warmth and divide into two servings.
Customize through the use of your favourite herbs, cheeses, and spices to taste. If watching protein, you’ll be able to simply in the reduction of through the use of solely 2 eggs per serving as an alternative of three.
Per 1/2 recipe: 614 cal, 31.6 g protein, 50.3 g fats, 6.7 g carbs, 1.8 g fiber, 4.9 g NET carbs
Keywords: radish hash, breakfast, eggs, bacon, simple