Enchiladas had been an affordable staple in my pre-keto days. They had been fast, straightforward to assemble, and tremendous tacky and scrumptious; all issues that helped preserve my week evening mother life pretty easy.
In addition to the truth that tortillas are simply out, enchilada sauce itself it normally made with sugar and/or starch of some form, which solely compounds the opposite enchilada points. A tomato base goes to be slightly carb-heavy by advantage of its tomatoey nature, so including in all these different components makes this perennial favourite a no-go.
So, I made a decision to concoct my very own sauce, and use it together with some shredded, seasoned rooster, cheese, and egg skinny wraps to re-create my previous week evening standby (as proven above). One batch makes sufficient for a pretty big pan of your most well-liked type of enchiladas, however you might simply make it in bulk and refrigerate leftovers in a mason jar till you’re prepared for extra.
- 1 small can (8 fl oz/227 g) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/237 ml) beef broth
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp floor cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp floor black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Combine all components in a sauce pan.
- Heat over medium till it involves a simmer.
- Reduce warmth to low and simmer for quarter-hour, stirring sometimes, to cut back and thicken.
- Remove from warmth and funky to room temperature.
- Use instantly, as desired, or retailer in an hermetic jar within the fridge till prepared to make use of. The acid from the tomato and the salt content material ought to assist it preserve within the fridge for a number of weeks.
Per each 2 tbsp (1 fl oz/30 ml): 13 cal, 1.3 g protein, 0.2 g fats, 2.1 g carbs, 0.6 g fiber, 1.4 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp (1 fl oz/30 ml)
Keywords: Enchilada sauce, Tex-mex, enchiladas, straightforward, week evening, fast, child-pleasant