Pretty a lot everybody in Keto World has been on a perpetual seek for a “real” pancake. You know what I imply: one thing that puffs and fluffs like the actual factor, that isn’t eggy or tacky in style or texture, and but remains to be substantial. Good pancakes have this very odd stability between heft/substance and fluff, and I’m gonna be sincere, it’s darned arduous to realize with keto pleasant components.
Some of the variations which have been thought-about most profitable locally have some odd components that, whereas they could impart one thing of the textural qualities we’re in search of, make them style, properly bizarre. Psyllium husks and oat fiber (the latter of which is a brilliant gray space product I don’t use as a result of it’s basically industrial waste…I digress) have a really odd taste that I actually simply don’t like. If it have been simply my tastebuds that have been offended by these components, I’d most likely make them anyway as a result of youngsters. But my youngsters are much more delicate to bizarre tastes than I’m, and so it was again to the drafting board.
This recipe started its life as an try to repeat the outdated peanut butter, egg, and banana pancake recipe. While banana is out, I began by making an attempt to include a detailed textural cousin: the avocado. While the feel half labored out splendidly, I’ve to say the style was… not a lot. It didn’t actually matter what ratio I used, the pancakes tasted like avocado. That could also be an incredible taste on a taco salad, however in a pancake that’s a FAIL.
Eventually, I made a decision to attempt dumping the avocado all collectively and reconfiguring with simply egg and nut butter as my base, and I’ve to say it turned out nice! The first attempt was an enormous hit in my home. On continuous trials, I swapped out peanut butter for creamy almond butter, and the pickiest of all of them, my tremendous taster son, mentioned they have been his favourite pancakes out of all these I’ve ever made, together with the “real” ones.
Notes: Because I like y’all, I’ve included components for 2 totally different pancake variations. The peanut butter model went tremendous properly with Lily’s chips (shocking exactly nobody), however almond butter with floor cinnamon and maple extract made for a wonderful taste mixture. Feel free to make use of the bottom recipe as your individual start line and blend up your flavors with extracts, spices, or add-ins.
Fluffy Nut Butter Pancakes
Approx 3 pancakes per serving
PB chip pancakes: minus fiber and a couple of g sugar alcohols =
4.8 g NET carbs per serving
Maple almond butter pancakes: minus fiber and 1.4 g sugar alcohols =
3.5 NET carbs per serving
- 1 c (8 fl oz) pure nut butter, clean (peanut butter or almond butter)
- 4 eggs, giant
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz) heavy cream
- 10 g powdered collagen peptides, unflavored
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
For peanut butter chip pancakes:
- 12 g Swerve granulated (approx 1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 28 g (1 oz) Lily’s chocolate chips, or equal sugar free chips
For maple almond butter pancakes:
- 12 g Swerve brown, or brown sweetener equal (approx 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp floor cinnamon
- In a big bowl, mix base recipe components together with your chosen flavorings and mix till fully clean with an immersion blender. Alternatively, you could course of all components in a meals processor or blender till clean.
- Set apart.
- In a big skillet or on a griddle, warmth over medium and grease with butter or coconut oil.
- With a tablespoon or soup-sized spoon, put a dollop of batter in your cooking floor and unfold only a bit with the again of your spoon. The pancakes needs to be about 2″ in diameter. Work in batches, if mandatory.
- Cook over medium for 3-4 minutes, or till the underside is golden brown. You will see it start to puff, the edges start to look much less liquid, and there will likely be bubbles starting to interrupt the floor of the aspect going through up.
- Get your spatula properly below the pancake and flip to proceed cooking on the second aspect, one other 3-4 minutes till golden on each side and cooked by way of.
- Remove from the skillet or griddle and put aside.
- Continue cooking the remainder of the pancake batter as above.
Makes 18-20 pancakes.
PB Chip Pancakes: 243 cal, 11.3 g protein, 20 g fats, 10.4 g complete carb, 3.6 g fiber, 2 g sugar alcohol, 4.8 g NET carbs
Maple Almond Butter Pancakes: 223.5 cal, 10.2 g protein, 18.1 g fats, 8.6 g complete carb, 3.7 g fiber, 1.2 g sugar alcohol, 3.5 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: Approx 3 pancakes (see Notes for vitamin info )
Keywords: Peanut butter chip pancakes, nut butter pancakes, fluffy pancakes, maple almond butter pancakes, breakfast