Easter is that this Sunday, and so on this week’s quarantine recipe, I’m gonna let you know high-quality of us how I make my particular glazed vacation ham. This low carb, keto-pleasant glaze recipe knocked my choosy son’s socks off, and he requests I make it about as soon as a month. I have to admit, it’s tasty sufficient that I don’t thoughts.
Notes: The components on this recipe are all issues I have already got readily available in my home, proper this minute, however for individuals who don’t, they’re not notably arduous to seek out. The one ingredient that I exploit that y’all may not be capable of simply supply is pineapple extract, which is why I additionally record orange extract (simply acquired within the grocery retailer spice aisle) in its place. It’s scrumptious each methods, however for those who want pineapple, be at liberty to order it on-line. I get mine from Olive Nation.
The solely different factor of be aware is that I record the macros for the complete glaze recipe. I did that as a result of macros per serving on that is going to rely on how large your ham is and what number of servings you get out of it. Another issue is that among the glaze will not be consumed (a little bit will soften into your pan drippings), so even assuming you ate the entire ham by your self you continue to aren’t prone to eat all of the glaze. The nutshell is that the macros listed below are a little bit looser than they is likely to be in different purposes. To get yours, merely divide the full for the complete recipe by the variety of servings you ended up with.
Your macros will rely upon the scale of your ham and variety of servings. I listed the macros for the complete glaze recipe, assuming all of it’s consumed.
- 2 c (16 fl oz/ 473 ml) water
- 2 tsp pineapple or orange extract
- 1/3 c (2.67 for oz/ 79 ml) bourbon
- 1/2 c (approx. 3.75 oz/ 106 g) Swerve Brown, packed
- 1/2 tsp floor cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp floor cloves
- 4+ lb, bone-in, absolutely cooked ham
- Preheat the oven to 325 levels F and put together a roasting pan.
- Score the skin of your ham into 1″ diamonds by chopping vertical strains into the pores and skin about 1″ aside, then chopping strains throughout the cuts diagonally, once more about 1″ aside.
- In a measuring cup, mix the pineapple or orange extract with the water, then pour it into the underside of your roasting pan.
- Place the ham on the rack of your roasting pan, scored bits up, then cowl utterly and tightly with foil.
- Bake at 325 levels for roughly 15-20 min per lb, basting properly each 20 min or so with the pan juices, till an on the spot learn thermometer inserted into the middle reaches 145 levels F.
- Make the glaze whereas the ham is baking by combining all of the remaining components and stirring collectively properly.
- In the final 20-half-hour of bake time on the ham, take away the foil utterly and brush throughout with the glaze, then return to the oven to complete cooking by means of.
- Remove from the oven and baste once more with the pan juices whereas resting, a minimal of quarter-hour.
- Carve as desired and serve heat.
Per complete glaze recipe: 174 cal, 0.1 g protein, 0.1 g fats, 107.7 g carbs, 0.9 g fiber, 106.3 g sugar alcohol, 0.5 g NET carbs
Your macronutrients will fluctuate relying on the scale of your ham and variety of servings.
Keywords: Glazed ham, Bourbon, brown sugar, easter