This one goes out to all my keto peeps that, for one motive or one other, don’t do almond or coconut flour. Holiday season shall be quickly upon us, and whereas stuffing is a perpetual vacation desk favourite, keto stuffing (like my Southern Cracklin’ Cornbread Dressing) tends to rely closely on almond and/or coconut flour to get the “bread” a part of the job finished.
So, what’s the ketonian with almond or coconut allergy symptoms alleged to do?
Y’all can get pleasure from this scrumptious hash as an alternative!
The majority of the time invested on this recipe is in prep work, in order your fowl is a-cooking, get the whole lot cubed and diced, and also you’ll be able to rapidly whip it up in a skillet because the meat is resting. With hints of apple, pumpkin, sage, and maple, Harvest Hash tastes like Autumn ought to.
Notes: For these with full-blown tree nut allergy symptoms, this dish will nonetheless be scrumptious with out the pecans or walnuts, so be happy to depart them out!
As proven, that is completed with pecans, however it’s equally as scrumptious with walnuts, so be happy to swap it out, as desired! Those with blanket tree nut allergy symptoms might depart them out completely.
- 1/2 lb (8 oz/ 227 g) jicama, peeled and cubed into about 1/4″ items (weighed after peeling)
- 1 tsp apple extract
- 1 tsp floor cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 lb (8 oz/ 227 g) recent pumpkin, minimize from the rind and cubed into about 1/4″ items (weighed after peeling)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 oz (57 g) pink bell pepper, diced
- 1 oz (28 g) onion, diced
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) floor sausage
- 1 tbsp (1/2 oz/ 14 g) butter, salted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp rubbed sage
- approx. 10 turns recent floor black pepper
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) water
- 4 oz roughly chopped pecans or walnuts, your selection (nuts could also be not noted completely for these with allergy symptoms)
- In a small bowl, mix the cubed jicama, apple extract, lemon juice, and floor cinnamon. Set apart for at least quarter-hour.
- In a big skillet, start browning the bottom sausage over medium warmth, breaking it up because it cooks.
- When the sausage is about half-cooked, add the butter, celery, pink bell pepper, onion, sea salt, sage, and black pepper and proceed to cook dinner over medium warmth stirring incessantly, till the sausage is sort of cooked by.
- Add the jicama, pumpkin, and maple extract to the skillet and stir nicely.
- Add the water to the skillet, put the lid on, and switch the warmth to medium-low.
- Cook over medium-low for 10 minutes, or till the pumpkin is fork-tender.
- Remove from the warmth and stir within the nuts (if utilizing).
- Serve sizzling.
Per 1/8 recipe: 321 cal, 13 g protein, 22.7 g fats, 7.6 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 4.6 g NET carbs
Keywords: harvest hash, nut-free stuffing, nut-free dressing, vacation, Thanksgiving, Christmas