This beverage, my mates, is kind of the vacation delight. It’s scorching and steamy, spicy and creamy, and spiked with a very good shot of your favourite liquor. Hot Buttered Booze is a low-carb and keto pleasant approach for the exhausted individuals (particularly dad and mom!) to settle in on Christmas night- after all of the presents have been opened, the feast has been eaten, and any littles round have gone to bed- and unwind from all of the festivities.
Notes: This is actually a fatty alcoholic beverage, much like fatty blended espresso however with booze. If you’re dairy-free, you may swap the butter out for ghee, coconut oil, or mct oil. The taste could change a bit, however it is going to nonetheless be pleasant.
As for the booze a part of this recipe, I’ve made this with bourbon and rum, and it was fantastic each methods. This is extra of a private style factor, and usually I’d say go bourbon all the best way as a result of that’s my sipping alcohol of desire. However, after I made this drink with a very good high quality rum (Appleton Estates 12 12 months uncommon cask rum), the flavour was simply out of this world. This specific rum had a very good bit in the best way of vanilla and banana notes to it, and it complemented the buttery spices simply fantastically.
If you do select a rum, my solely warning is to get a straight up white, amber, or darkish rum, and keep away from all spiced or flavored rums. The latter two classes are fairly universally backsweetened, which implies they add sugar to it after fermentation. That’s clearly a no. Because they really have laws in opposition to including sugar to their rum, that which is distilled and bottled at one of many numerous distilleries in each Barbados and Jamaica has no added sugar, in order that’s a useful tidbit to know once you’re purchasing.
- 1/2 stick (2 oz/57 g) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp brown granulated sweetener (I used Swerve Brown)
- 1/4 tsp floor cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp floor nutmeg
- 2 heavy pinches floor cloves
- 2 heavy pinches floor cardamom
- (Optional) 3 drops vanilla flavored liquid stevia
- 1 c (8 fl oz/237 ml) boiling water
- 2 pictures (3 fl oz/89 ml) good high quality bourbon or rum (I like to recommend Appleton Estates 12 12 months uncommon cask rum)
- In a pourable/spouted mixing bowl, whisk or mix (an immersion blender is okay) collectively the butter, sweetener, spices, and liquid stevia (if utilizing).
- Briefly whisk or mix within the alcohol. This doesn’t must be tremendous exact.
- Pour the boiling water into the bowl and whisk vigorously till blended, or mix briefly with an immersion blender. It needs to be properly mixed and a bit foamy.
- Divide amongst mugs and garnish as desired. Garnish ideas are cinnamon sticks (conventional garnish) or a dollop of whipped heavy cream and a sprinkle of floor cinnamon (my desire).
- Relax and revel in!
Per serving (1/2 recipe): 302 cal, 0.3 g protein, 23.1 g fats, 12.4 g carbs, 0.2 g fiber, 12 g sugar alcohol, 0.2 g NET carbs
Keywords: Hot buttered rum, scorching buttered bourbon, Christmas, vacation, new 12 months