I used to be strolling by the grocery retailer just lately once I stumbled upon a product I’ve been dying to strive: Palmini noodles. I’ve heard actually nice issues, and contemplating it’s fabricated from palm hearts which have been reduce into pasta-like shapes, it’s extremely keto and low-carb pleasant. Much to my amazement, my native institution not solely carried the spaghetti model noodles, they’d it in lasagna sheets, too!
No extra soggy zucchini lasagna. This stunning little can may assist me fulfill a keto casserole dream!
Long story brief, these beauties reside as much as their status, with some caveats. It’s extremely near the identical mouth really feel as an everyday lasagna noodles, BUT it truly took me two tries to get it there. I extremely, extremely advocate boiling these unhealthy boys in closely salted water for a stable ten minutes earlier than utilizing them. They undoubtedly weren’t delicate sufficient proper out of the can. Five minutes of boiling made them higher, however there was nonetheless a little bit of a stringiness to them, and with out salted water they didn’t soak up sufficient of the flavour from the opposite components, which introduced the dish down a bit. Extend that boil time to 10 minutes, although, and salt the heck out of the water, and it was excellent.
Don’t skip that step!
Notes: I really like saucy Italian meals, however selfmade pink sauces simply are typically an actual labor of affection. I could make a tasty, low-carb pink sauce, however with the form of time and a spotlight I’ve to spend money on it, I’d truthfully quite spend the cash on a top quality low-carb sauce. Cutting the prep time means again with out chopping taste is good for my household’s busy life.
My choice in pink sauce is all the time, all the time, all the time gonna be vodka sauce, however in case you actually like marinara, be at liberty to sub it in. I normally choose Rao’s however when you have a model you prefer- otherwise you actually like making your own- that’s completely effective. Just ensure the carb rely is round 4-6 carbs per 1/2 c serving, and also you’re good to go.
- 1 can (8 oz/ 227 g) Palmini lasagna model palm noodles
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) floor pork sausage
- 1 oz (28 g) onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar (24 oz/ 680 g) Rao’s Vodka Sauce (or your favourite low-carb vodka sauce)
- 12 oz (340 g) complete milk ricotta cheese
- 1 massive egg
- 1 oz (28 g) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus 1-2 tbsp extra for noodle boiling water
- 4 oz (113 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat the oven to 350º F and put together an 8×8” sq. casserole dish.
- Open the can of Palmini noodle sheets and drain them in a colander. Rinse effectively and separate the noodles gently together with your fingers. There might be roughly 12 noodles in a can.
- In a big inventory pot, convey a great quantity of water to a boil. Add 1-2 tbsp salt and the Palmini noodles and proceed to boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the Palmini noodles in a colander and put aside to chill whereas making your meat sauce.
- In a big skillet or pot, cook dinner the bottom sausage over medium-excessive, breaking it up effectively because it cooks.
- When the sausage is about half-browned, add the onion and garlic to the combination and stir effectively to mix. Continue to cook dinner, stirring often, till the sausage is cooked by.
- Pour the Vodka sauce into the meat combination and stir effectively to mix. Let it cook dinner at a simmer for minute or two to heat it by and let the flavors mingle a bit. Remove from the warmth and put aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, egg, Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp sea salt, and 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese and stir effectively. Set apart.
To assemble the lasagna:
- Spread a really small quantity of the sauce within the backside of the casserole dish.
- Layer 3-4 Palmini noodles, overlaying as a lot of the underside of the dish as you possibly can. Spread the noodles evenly with 1/2 the ricotta combination, then high with 1/3 the meat sauce and 1 oz shredded mozzarella.
- Begin your subsequent layer with one other 3-4 Palmini noodles, overlaying in addition to you possibly can and repeat the layers with remaining 1/2 ricotta, one other 1/3 meat sauce, and 1 oz shredded mozzarella.
- Top as finest you possibly can with the remaining 3-4 Palmini noodles and press down flippantly with the again of a spoon or your palms.
- Spoon the final 1/3 of the meat sauce over the noodles, then sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 oz shredded mozzarella and 1/2 oz Parmesan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes, or till bubbly and cheeses on high are melted and starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let stand quarter-hour earlier than slicing into 6 equal squares.
- Serve scorching and luxuriate in!
Per sq.: 515 cal, 29.5 g protein, 37.8 g fats, 11.2 g carbs, 1.1 g fiber, 10.1 g NET carbs
Keywords: Lasagna, lasagna alla vodka, Palmini noodles