Summer is upon us, and there’s nothing extra summer season than BBQ!
While I don’t personally have a grill, I nonetheless like to do low-and-slow meats within the oven, particularly in the event that they’ve acquired a flavorful rub. Feel free to make use of my oven technique, or throw these unhealthy boys on the grill or within the smoker, as desired. And don’t overlook to serve it up with Black Cherry BBQ or Chili BBQ sauce!
Notes: I used Swerve Brown on this recipe, as a result of it’s the closest sweetener I’ve discovered to brown sugar (a BBQ rub staple), each in style and texture. Feel free to swap it out for Lakanto Golden, for those who want.
Because it’s , even stability of candy and salty and spice, the rub is absolutely versatile and can pair nicely with a wide range of meats, so go forward and use it for no matter summer season BBQ software you want!
For the rub: minus fiber and seven.4 g sugar alcohol = 1 g NET carbs per serving
For the ribs and rub: minus fiber and seven.4 g sugar alcohol = 1.1 g NET carbs per serving
For the Rub:
- 44 g Swerve Brown, or equal brown sweetener
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Garam Masala (I used the McCormick Gourmet mix)
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar-free liquid smoke
For the Ribs:
- 3 lb country-style pork ribs
- small quantity of ready yellow mustard to baste, if desired (2 fl oz or much less)
To make the rub:
- In a small bowl, mix all rub substances and blend nicely.
- May retailer in an hermetic container (like a mason jar) on the counter for as much as per week. Be positive to stir it nicely to interrupt it up if not utilizing it instantly.
To make the ribs:
- Preheat the oven to 250 levels F and line a big baking sheet (with sides) or a casserole dish with foil.
- Brush a coat of mustard on the ribs then rub them down on all sides, utilizing most or all the rub. Alternatively, you’ll be able to omit the mustard and rub them dry.
- Cover the rubbed ribs with extra foil, and shut the highest and backside sheets nicely, folding them collectively, in order that the ribs are mainly in a foil pouch.
- Bake for two hours at 250 levels F.
- Remove the highest foil to uncover the ribs, baste together with your favourite sauce, if desired, or go away them dry and proceed to bake, uncovered, for one more hour at 250 levels F.
- After the final hour, take away from oven and let stand ten minutes to relaxation, then function desired. Alternatively, chances are you’ll run them underneath your broiler for 1-2 minutes to create a slight char/bark, then relaxation 10 minutes and serve.
This recipe ought to simply serve 6-8 (and the rub alone may serve extra relying on how a lot meat you cook dinner and the way heavy you go along with it), however I calculated all macros assuming 6 servings.
Macros for the rub alone (assumes 6 svgs): 6 cal, 0.2 G protein, 0.1 g fats, 8.7 g complete carbs, 0.3 g fiber, 7.4 g sugar alcohol
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 622.4
- Fat: 43.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 53 g
Keywords: Country-style ribs, rib rub, BBQ, barbecue