Ok, so perhaps it’s not well-known-well-known, however my taco seasoning mix is fairly well-known amongst my household and associates. It’s additionally tremendous straightforward. I repeatedly use this to season every kind of meat for tacos, and we assemble a bit taco bar whereby the fam could make their very own bowls or salads.
My favourite approach to eat taco meat is with all of the fixings, over shredded coleslaw greens (not like lettuce that wilts and weeps when it’s topped with sizzling meats, coleslaw stays crunchy), and with a hearty drizzle of my ranch dip. When we’re additional hungry, or feeding a crowd, I serve this with Rotel Rice as a facet or a mixture-in. This is a perennial weeknight favourite (Tuesday night time, as a result of… ) as a result of it’s straightforward, and its tacos, y’all. Who doesn’t like tacos?
Notes: This recipe makes sufficient to season two kilos of meat, nevertheless it’s very straightforward to double (or quadruple) to make bigger batches or to retailer till you’re prepared to make use of it. I are inclined to make it on the fly, however have been identified to make bigger batches of the seasoning to tackle household camp outs.
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp floor cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp floor pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Mix all elements and retailer in an hermetic container till prepared to make use of.
To make taco meat:
- In a big skillet, brown 2 lb fatty floor beef (75/25) over medium-excessive warmth, breaking it up as you go.
- When the meat is cooked by way of, add the taco seasoning combine to the skillet and stir nicely to coat the meat.
- Add about 1/2 c water to the skillet, then flip the warmth all the way down to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, till it’s as dry as you prefer it. If you like your meat a bit saucy, this might be about 5 minutes. If you prefer it much less so, will probably be nearer to 10.
- Serve sizzling with all of your favourite taco fixings!
Per serving (1/8 recipe) taco seasoning combination: 5.6 cal, 0.3 g protein, 0.3 g fats, 1 carb, 0.5 g fiber, 0.5 g NET carbs
Per serving of seasoned beef (1/4 lb uncooked weight plus 1/8 recipe taco seasoning): 320 cal, 30.1 g protein, 20.9 g fats, 1 g carbs, 0.5 g fiber, 0.5 g NET carbs
Keywords: Tacos, taco seasoning, taco combine, taco meat, taco salad, Tex-mex