Pimento cheese is a kind of Southern staples with out which I can’t dwell. There are a zillion varieties, however sadly a lot of the tubs of this delicacy you’ll discover down at your native grocer are stuffed with added sugars and starches.
What’s a ketonian to do?
Luckily, pimento cheese is a very low carb dip concept when constructed from scratch. When mixed with my savory baconnaise, it’s a tremendous addition to any occasion, gathering (whats up to the Big Game, y’all!), or as a aspect in your keto lunch/dinner plate. I’ve even used this because the filling for jalapeño poppers, and it’s fantabulous!
Notes: This recipe, because the title suggests, is my favourite strategy to make a straightforward keto pimento cheese, however you’ll be able to jazz this dip up as a lot as you want by altering the cheeses and spices, or including in numerous crunchy bits. Because I’m good, I made just a few ideas within the notes beneath.
- 1/2 brick (4 oz/ 113 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) baconnaise
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 shakes smoked paprika
- black pepper, to style
- 3 tbsp diced pimento
- 2 oz (57 g) pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 oz (57 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a mixing bowl, cream collectively the softened cream cheese, baconnaise, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Stir within the pimentos and shredded cheeses by hand.
- Transfer to a lidded container and refrigerate till properly chilled, 1-2 hours. You might serve instantly, however it tastes higher the longer the flavors are allowed to mingle.
- Serve with Parm Crisps and vegetable items, or as desired.
Spicy Jalapeno: stir in 1 oz finely diced jalapeño
Smoky Cheddar: change sharp cheddar cheese with smoked cheddar
Crunchy Bacon: change baconnaise with common, avocado-oil mayonnaise and add 1-2 oz finely crumbled bacon
Per 2 tbsp: 157 cal, 3 g protein, 15.8 g fats, 1.1 g carbs, 0.1 g fiber, 1 g NET carbs
Keywords: Pimento cheese, dip, appetizer, huge recreation