After being dwelling for a few month now, and attempting to not go away unnecessarily, I’m beginning to run out of issues. BBQ sauce is a type of issues. So, in my want to make a top quality low carb pulled pork within the crockpot, I ransacked the cupboards and concocted a brand new sauce with stuff I had available.
This maple bourbon sauce is somewhat candy and, to me and mine, it tastes lots like I bear in mind baked bean sauce tasting. That’s an exquisite factor, of us. So, right here is my keto quarantine sauce, which can be my new favourite!
This recipe works greatest in a particular quantity ratio, in order that’s the way it’s written.
- 1 c (8 fl oz/ 237 ml) sugar free ketchup
- 1/3 c (2.68 fl oz/ 79 ml) bourbon
- 1/4 c Swerve Brown, packed
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) cider vinegar
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) water
- 1 tsp sugar free liquid smoke
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp floor black pepper
- Combine all components in a small saucepan and stir collectively effectively over medium warmth.
- Bring to a brisk simmer over medium, whisking sometimes.
- When the sauce involves a simmer, scale back warmth to medium-low and proceed to simmer, whisking sometimes, for quarter-hour to scale back.
- Remove the sauce from the eat and let stand to chill fully.
- Store in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Per tbsp: 15 cal, o g protein, 0 g fats, 3.2 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 2.4 g sugar alcohol, 0.8 g NET carbs