This is an easy little salad that takes no extra work than chopping and drizzling, but it surely appears and tastes fancy. Balsamic vinegar- which is what offers this dish its punch- is an ingredient that packs a ton of taste in a really small amount, however as ketonians we nonetheless should be conscious of components and carb rely. You’re in search of a balsamic that’s product of Modena grape should, probably blended with wine vinegar, and comprises no added sugars. To preserve the carb rely down, search for one which has round 3 carbs per tablespoon (15 ml), most.
Due to some reported shadiness within the Italian olive oil trade, I additionally suggest springing for an excellent high quality, further virgin olive oil from California. Better high quality components will yield the very best style.
Notes: This salad tastes wonderful a day or so later, however as a result of watery greens like tomato and cucumber are likely to degrade and wilt a bit with the addition of salt or different liquids, it appears prettiest and has the very best mouthfeel the day of. I like to recommend making it and letting it stand within the fridge for a number of hours previous to serving.
3.5 g NET carbs per serving
- 340 g (12 oz) cucumber, peel on, sliced size-sensible into 1/8ths then diced
- 224 g (8 oz) recent mozzarella pearls (or recent mozzarella minimize into chew-sized items)
- 126 g (approx 16 complete) grape tomatoes, quartered
- 28 g (1 oz) pink or white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 g (about 8 leaves) recent basil, sliced chiffonade
- 1 tsp salt, or to style
- 10 turns recent cracked black pepper, or to style
- 4 tbsp (2 fl oz or 60 ml) further virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp (2 fl oz or 60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- Chop all of your greens and toss them collectively in a lidded salad bowl.
- Add mozzarella, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then toss to mix.
- Put the lid on and chill totally, permitting the flavors to meld.
- Serve chilly. Keep any leftovers within the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 152.2
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3 g (see Description for NET carbs)
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
Keywords: Marinated, mozzarella, salad, balsamic vinegar, balsamic, olive oil