It’s formally cookie baking season, and each Friday as much as Christmas I can be that includes a cookie or confection that can be excellent for a keto-model cookie bake. Be certain to maintain your eyes peeled and don’t miss out on these vacation goodies!
This week’s recipe is a large winner, y’all. Crumbly shortbread topped with a scrumptious caramel sauce, chopped nuts, and chocolate, Millionaire’s Shortbread is a recipe that’s fairly beloved and for apparent causes!
Now, normally that is made with a complete pile of unhealthy components: flour, sugar, “real” chocolate, and a complete pile of sweetened condensed milk that’s cooked down till it turns into caramel. We ain’t acquired time for all these carbs right here, so I once I had my caramel revelation, it was simple to provide you with a ketofied model of this superior cookie bar that’s so good your non-keto peeps gained’t be capable of inform it’s not a carby creation!
For the Shortbread Crust:
- 5 1/2 oz (156 g) tremendous high-quality almond flour
- 4 oz (113 g) granulated Swerve, or equal
- 1 stick (4 oz/ 113 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 massive egg, crushed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- pinch sea salt
For the Caramel Layer:
For the Chocolate Topping:
- 9 oz (255 g) bag Lily’s baking chips, or equal
- 2 tbsp (1 oz/ 28 g) unsalted butter
To Make the Shortbread Layer:
- Preheat the oven to 325 levels F and line a (roughly) 10″x15″ baking sheet with parchment. You desire a pan that has sides, and also you need the parchment to come back up and above the edges throughout, so the bars can be simple to tug proper out as soon as they’re set.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the almond flour, Swerve, vanilla, sea salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum and stir to mix.
- Stir within the melted butter and crushed egg till the dough is all evenly moistened and properly mixed.
- Press the dough out evenly into your baking pan all the best way to the perimeters. This will take a bit little bit of time, persistence, and a few work. That’s OK. The completed product can be definitely worth the effort. Trust me.
- Bake in the course of the center rack at 325 for 12-14 minutes, turning about midway via. You need the shortbread to be simply golden.
- Remove from the oven and let stand to chill utterly.
- Make a double batch of the Basic Caramel Sauce and as soon as it’s finished let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the cooled shortbread crust.
- Sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts evenly over the caramel sauce and press the nuts down barely into the sauce.
- Put the pan within the fridge to permit the caramel to set, about half-hour.
- Make the chocolate topping by placing the baking chips right into a microwave secure bowl and including the butter.
- Microwave in 30 second increments on half (50%) energy, stirring properly in between every increment, till the chocolate is melted and the combination is clean.
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly excessive of the set caramel.
- Return to the fridge for an additional 1-2 hours, till the chocolate layer is totally set.
- Remove from the fridge and slide the entire thing, parchment and all, out of the pan and onto the counter or a slicing board.
- Carefully lower into 40 bars. Serve and revel in!
- Store in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as per week.
Per 1 bar: 117 cal, 2.2 g protein, 11.5 g fats, 9.3 g carbs, 2.5 g fiber, 5.2 g sugar alcohol, 1.6 g NET carbs
Keywords: millonaire’s shortbread, ballistic keto, caramel sauce, chocolate, cookies, vacation cookies