This is perhaps certainly one of my favourite desserts. I’m an enormous pecan pie fan, and pecan tassies are kind-of like little pecan pies, in miniature.
They’re truly tremendous straightforward to make, they usually style so good I used to be even capable of put them into my daughter’s troop bake sale as a part of the gluten free choices. If you’re a pecan fan like I’m, these little beauties will hit the spot!
Notes: In addition to a kitchen scale, one of many few kitchen gadgets I extremely, extremely advocate is an efficient set of silicone muffin liners on your muffin tins. Keto baked items actually like to stay to pans, and people flimsy paper liners merely don’t lower it. My muffins and smaller treats at all times slide proper out of the silicone liners, each time and with zero bother. They’re additionally washable, so so long as you take care of them correctly you may proceed to make use of them for years. Regular-sized silicone liners can be found at WalMart, Target, and most grocery shops. The mini-liners is probably not available in shops, however are simply (and cheaply) acquired on Amazon.
You can use paper liners right here in the event you actually wish to, however in the event you do I like to recommend peeling them off when the baked tassies are nonetheless heat.
For the crust:
- 3 oz (85 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick (4 oz/ 113 g) ) salted butter, softened
- 3 oz (85 g) advantageous almond flour (I exploit King Arthur model)
- 1/2 oz (14 g) coconut flour
- 1 scoop (approx. 1/3 oz/ 10 g) powdered plain collagen peptides
For the filling:
- 4 oz (113 g) chopped pecans
- 1/2 stick (2 oz/ 57 g) salted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 massive eggs, crushed
- 4 oz (113 g) Swerve granulated sweetener (or equal of your favourite sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp maple extract
Make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F and put together a 24 cup mini-muffin tin with liners.
- In a mixing bowl, cream collectively cream cheese and butter, then add coconut flour, almond flour, and collagen peptides and blend properly.
- Refrigerate the crust dough for quarter-hour, or till manageable.
- To make the crusts, divide dough into 24 equal-sized chunks, roll each right into a ball and place it in every mini-muffin cup.
- With your first finger, push down in the course of every dough ball to make a properly within the heart, then together with your fingers push the dough away from the properly to make a crust within the backside and up the perimeters of the cup.
Make the filling:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the cooled butter, egg, Swerve, vanilla extract, and maple extract collectively to mix.
- Stir within the chopped pecans.
- Spoon the filling evenly into every mini-crust. It might be very full, and that’s OK.
- Bake the tassies for 20-half-hour at 350 levels F, till the highest is golden brown and set. A toothpick inserted into the middle of a tassie ought to come out clear.
- Remove from the oven and let stand till they’re cool sufficient to take away from the muffin tin, then end cooling on wire racks.
- Let cool fully earlier than serving.
Per tassie: 126.6 cal, 2.4 g protein, 12.7 g fats, 6.4 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 4.6 g sugar alcohol, 0.8 g NET carbs
Keywords: Dessert, Pecan, Pecan Pie, Pecan Tassies