points - Details)
Now in its third edition, Stronger After Stroke puts the power of recovery in the reader’s hands by providing simple-to-follow instructions for reaching the highest possible level of recovery. The book’s neuroplastic recovery model stresses repetition of task-specific practice, proper scheduling of practice, setting goals, and measuring progress to achieve optimal results. Researcher Peter G. Levine breaks down the science and gives survivors evidence-based tools to retrain the brain and take charge of recovery.
In easy-to-read sections, Stronger After Stroke introduces readers to leading-edge stroke recovery information while simplifying the process to attain specific benchmarks. Also included is a sample recovery schedule, a helpful glossary of frequently used stroke recovery terms, and a list of resources for readers to research emerging stroke recovery options.
The new Third Edition of Stronger After Stroke features:
- Complete update of all chapters to reflect new knowledge about maximizing recovery
- The latest research insights applied to individual recovery programs
- Steps to cope with challenges at each stage of recovery and achieve success
- DIY strategies to save time and money
- New chapters on using electrical stimulation, reducing post-stroke pain, and understanding spasticity