It is that point once more: Pumpkin Spice Time.
This 12 months, I’ve your present stopping Thanksgiving Day dessert. My folks, I offer you my ketofied Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake; a wealthy, pumpkin spiced cheesecake with a snickerdoodle cookie crumb crust, topped off with a maple pecan praline drizzle. It’s slightly sharp, slightly candy, and rather a lot silky clean cheesecake deliciousness. Your friends won’t ever understand it’s not the sugar-crammed “real” factor.
Notes: I used a bit over a bag of Benton’s Snickerdoodle Keto Cookies, all crushed up and blended with butter for the crust. If you will have an Aldi on the town, that’s the place they might be discovered. If you’ll be able to’t discover this model, that’s OK. Feel free to make use of one other keto compliant snickerdoodle cookie as an alternative. Fat Snax makes one that’s pleasant. High Key does as properly, and it seems these are carried in some Walmart places.
If you’ll be able to’t discover the cookies, that’s OK, too. You might simply combine up the crust from my Celebration Pie and add some cinnamon, to your style!
This delicacy has extra complete carbs than I usually wish to share in a recipe. It is, nevertheless, virtually Thanksgiving right here within the US, and so I classify one thing like this- the place the elements are all compliant, nevertheless it’s not one thing you wish to eat steadily due to quantities- as a special day meals. I’d personally make this for Turkey Day, or perhaps even Christmas (in reality, the plan is for this to be our Christmas dessert this 12 months), however in any other case I’d in all probability keep out of it. My greatest recommendation right here is that whereas that is nice for particular events for many ketonians, in case you’re notably delicate to sweets and/or have to rely complete carbs fairly strictly, I’d maintain it to solely these particular events, and ideally ones with numerous friends with whom to share!
For the crust:
- 4 oz (slightly over one bag) Benton’s snickerdoodle mini-cookies, crushed finely
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 24 oz (680 g) cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz (113 g) brown sweetener (I used Swerve Brown)
- 2 1/2 oz (71 g) granulated sweetener (I used Allulose)
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/59 ml) liquid Allulose sweetener
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 3 massive eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp glucomannan powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Spice Islands pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 (15 oz/425 g) can pumpkin purée (not pie filling!)
For the topping:
- 1 c (8 fl oz/237 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 c (6 fl oz/177 ml) liquid Allulose
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 2 oz (57 g) pecans, roughly chopped
Make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Wrap the underside of a 9” springform pan very tightly with two layers of heavy-responsibility aluminum foil. You are going to bake this in a shallow water tub, and also you don’t need any of that to seep into your cheesecake. Make certain you will have a big roasting pan or one thing related into which your springform pan will match.
- In a small bowl, add the crushed cookies and butter and stir till properly mixed.
- Turn the buttered crumbs out into the springform pan, and press evenly into the underside to type the crust. Set apart.
Make the cheesecake:
- On medium pace, beat the softened cream cheese along with the brown sweetener, the granulated sweetener till gentle and fluffy.
- Beat within the liquid allulose and maple extract till simply mixed.
- Beat within the eggs, one by one, till simply mixed, scraping down the perimeters of the bowl properly in between additions.
- Sprinkle the glucomannan powder evenly excessive of the combination and beat till simply mixed.
- Add the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and sea salt, and beat one final time till its simply mixed.
- Stir within the pumpkin purée by hand (you don’t need to be mild).
- Once it’s all properly blended, pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan over the crust.
- Shake the pan gently back and forth to verify the batter is evenly distributed within the pan. You can clean the highest with the again of a spatula if crucial.
- Put the properly-wrapped springform pan into a big roasting pan (or related) and ensure it sits correctly within the backside.
- Pour a great inch of water into the underside of the roasting pan to make a water tub.
- Gently switch the entire thing to the oven and bake at 325° F for 70 minutes.
- When the time is up, open the oven and take a look at the cheesecake. If the middle is about you’ll be able to take it out. If not, give it one other ten minutes. Don’t bake it the additional 10 minutes in case you don’t need to. If you bake it too lengthy, it cracks.
- Let the entire thing stand out of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Gently take away the springform pan from the roasting pan, after which take away the foil from the underside. Gently loosen the cheesecake from the perimeters of the pan with a skinny knife.
- Let the springform pan (and the cheesecake) cool for an hour on a cooling rack, then put it within the fridge to relax fully (a minimal of 4 hours, however ideally extra like 8 or in a single day)
Make the topping:
- When the cheesecake is sort of fully chilled, frivolously toast the pecans in a dry skillet over low warmth till they’re aromatic. Set them apart to chill fully.
- Heat the heavy cream and the liquid Allulose in a big/tall saucepan over medium warmth.
- Let the combination come to a boil stirring sometimes to maintain the underside from scorching.
- Continue boiling the sauce for an additional quarter-hour, stirring sometimes to maintain the underside from scorching. It will probably be very bubbly and a lightweight, caramel coloration.
- Remove from the warmth and stir within the maple extract and cooled pecans.
- Let the combination stand off the warmth for 10 minutes, then switch to a lidded container and let it chill within the fridge for an hour. It will thicken a bit because it chills.
- Once the cheesecake and praline sauce are all chilled, take away the springform pan from the fridge and gently take away the perimeters of the pan to launch the cheesecake.
- Cut the cheesecake into 16 equal slices then drizzle the highest with the pecan praline sauce.
- Serve and revel in!
Per slice (1/16 of the recipe): 300 cal, 5.9 g protein, 28.4 g fats, 31 g carbs, 2.1 g fiber, 23.6 g sweetener (sugar alcohols and allulose), 4.7 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/16 recipe
Keywords: Pumpkin praline cheesecake, pumpkin spice, pecan praline, cheesecake keto, low carb