Cauliflower is just about the very best stand-in for potato on the subject of mashed varieties, and this recipe isn’t any completely different. As lengthy as you could have a superb blender or meals prcoessor, making caulimash is a breeze, so it’s actually principally a matter of the way you wish to costume all of it up.
My daughter is a large fan of mashed (or riced) cauliflower, so we eat it pretty often, and this time round I made a decision to punch up the flavour and make it a bit particular by including in some roasted garlic along with all the standard caulimash fixings. Not solely was it a winner with the entire household, I believe my daughter single-handedly ate all of the leftovers.
Definitely a keeper!
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 24 oz (680 g) caulirice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 oz (142 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick (4 oz/ 113 g) butter, softened
- 6 tbsp. (3 fl oz/ 89ml) heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- Peel the outermost, papery layer from the pinnacle of garlic, then with a pointy knife, minimize off the primary 1/4 in on the highest of the pinnacle, preserving the pinnacle intact.
- Drizzle the avocado oil onto the uncovered garlic and rub it in along with your finger ideas.
- Wrap the garlic fully in foil and lay, minimize facet up, on a baking sheet
- Bake at 400 till the cloves are render and light-weight brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- Cook caulirice fully, based on bundle instructions. You need it very mushy. You may have to do that in batches if you’re utilizing frozen, microwavable caulirice.
- Place extremely popular cooked caulirice in a blender or meals processor and add the seasonings, butter, cream, and cream cheese.
- Unwrap the roasted garlic head and squeeze every clove out into the blender.
- Put the lid on and run the blender on excessive till all substances are included and caulimash could be very easy. You may have to show the blender off and scrape down the edges a couple of times throughout this course of to get it fully easy. That’s OK.
- Serve scorching, and garnish as desired.
Shown garnished with 1/4 c chopped scallion (not included in macros).
Per 1/8 recipe: 260 cal, 3.8 g protein, 25.2 g fats, 6.9 g carbs, 2.1 g fiber, 4.8 g NET carbs
Keywords: sides, greens, cauliflower, caulimash, cheese, roasted garlic