This is sort of the deal with! It’s heat and comforting, and the radishes stand in fairly nicely for potato on this classically carby dish. If you like, you could use daikon radishes right here, however I went with plain previous crimson radish and simply peeled them nicely.
Slow Cooker Fauxtato Stroganoff was successful with my household, and as straightforward as it’s to throw collectively it could find yourself being one in every of your fall favorites, too!
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) floor beef
- 1.7 oz (48 g) diced onion
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) radish, peeled and sliced into skinny rounds
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c (16 fl oz/ 473 ml) beef broth
- 1/2 c (4 oz/ 113 g) bitter cream
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic salt, divided
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp glucomannan powder
- 4 oz (113 g) cream cheese, cubed or minimize into chunks
- In a big skillet, brown the bottom beef. Once it’s began giving off its juices, add the onion and 1/2 tsp garlic salt and proceed to cook dinner via. Set apart.
- In a sluggish cooker, layer prepped radish rounds, mushrooms, then the bottom beef combination.
- In a separate bowl, mix the meat broth, bitter cream, Dijon mustard, remaining 1/2 tsp garlic salt, pepper, onion powder, and chives. Whisk collectively till the bitter cream is well-mixed into the broth.
- Whisk the glucomannan powder into the broth combination, then pour evenly over the layered combination within the sluggish cooker.
- Put the lid on and cook dinner on low for 4 to 6 hours, or till radishes are tender.
- Stir the combination collectively then ladle out a great 1/2 c to 1 c of the liquid right into a blender or immersion blender cup.
- Add the cream cheese to the liquid within the blender or immersion blender cup and run till cheese has totally melted and is easily emulsified within the liquid.
- Pour the cream cheese combination again into the pot and stir nicely.
- Serve sizzling.
Per 1/6 recipe: 340.6 cal, 26 g protein, 22.8 g fats, 7.9 g carbs, 2.2 g fiber, 5.7 g NET carbs
Keywords: sluggish cooker, beef, stroganoff