No joke, that is the very best burger I’ve ever had, and it was insanely straightforward to make. It’s tremendous crispy on the surface, whereas staying tender and moist inside. The secret? Bacon. Lots and many bacon. And if you prime this unhealthy boy with some slowly caramelized onions….. mouth heaven.
(Pictured garnished with a slice of chipotle cheddar cheese. It’s at Aldi. You’re welcome.)
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) floor beef
- 1 lb (16 oz/ 454 g) bacon
- 1 tsp smoked sea salt (I used Celtic Applewood Smoked Salt)
- 1/4 tsp floor black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar free liquid smoke
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp (1/2 fl oz/15 ml) avocado oil
- 1 tbsp (1/2 oz/ 15 g) salted butter
- 1 small onion (approx. 4 1/4 oz/120 g), thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- In a skillet, warmth the avocado oil over medium till it’s sizzling and shimmers.
- Add onions to the skillet and stir to sweat for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the warmth to low and cook dinner for half-hour, stirring sometimes to maintain the bottoms from catching.
- At the 30 minute mark, add the butter and proceed to cook dinner over low warmth, stirring sometimes to maintain the underside from sticking and burning, one other half-hour. The onions will likely be deep, golden brown.
- In the previous couple of minutes, add salt and sherry vinegar, and cook dinner lengthy sufficient for the vinegar liquid to cook dinner off. Set onions apart to make burgers.
- Put the bacon in a meals processor and run till it’s well-ground.
- Combine the bottom up bacon, beef, smoked salt, pepper, liquid smoke, and garlic powder collectively and blend properly by hand.
- Shape into 8 evenly-sized patties and let stand whereas your cooking floor is heating.
- Grill, pan fry, or broil, as desired. The outdoors of the burger will get very crispy, and the within ought to come to a secure temperature of 160 levels F on an on the spot learn thermometer. Let relaxation 5 minutes earlier than dividing the onions between the burgers to prime.
- Serve heat, topped with the caramelized onions and some other burger fixings you want!
As proven with chipotle cheddar cheese.
- Serving Size: 1 onion-topped burger
- Calories: 473.4
- Fat: 35.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.8 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 34.3 g
Keywords: Caramelized onion, smoky, bacon burgers