Here’s one other Lenten providing, and it’s vegetarian pleasant! This soup is so stuffed with taste, it’s an enormous hit in my home, each in and outdoors of the penitential season. My daughter particularly loves it, and has been identified to have a number of bowls in a sitting. She’s single-handedly polished off all our leftovers on multiple event, too.
Kid likes it = successful!
When you’re searching for one thing a bit extra meaty, be at liberty to throw in some shredded rooster, sliced and browned kielbasa, cubed ham, or a handful of crumbled bacon.
- 4 tbsp. (2 oz/ 57 g) salted butter
- 2 oz (527 g) yellow onion, diced
- 2 oz (57 g) celery, diced
- 2 c (16 fl oz/ 473 ml) rooster or vegetable broth (handmade bone broth is finest, however vegetable is preferable for a 100% vegetarian meal)
- 2 c (16 fl oz/ 473 ml) water
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- black pepper, to style
- 1 c (8 fl oz/ 237 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp konjac/glucomannan powder
- 1 (8 oz/ 454 g) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 c (approx. 4 oz/ 113 g) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c (approx. 4 oz/ 113 g) grated smoked cheddar cheese (could also be white or yellow)
- 20 oz (567 g) cauliflower florets, cooked till very tender
- 1/4 c sliced scallions (inexperienced onion tops)
- further shredded cheese, to high, as desired
- In a big soup or saucepan, warmth butter over medium.
- In the identical pot, add onion, celery and saute till onion is translucent.
- Add seasonings, broth, and water to the pot, convey to the boil, after which scale back warmth to low to simmer for five minutes.
- Sprinkle konjac/glucomannan powder over heavy cream and whisk in nicely. Whisk the heavy cream combination into the simmering broth.
- Stir in cream cheese and the cheeses to soften.
- Once the cheeses have melted into the soup, add the cauliflower.
- With an immersion blender, mix the cauliflower into the soup till it’s as clean as desired. If you don’t have an immersion blender, that’s OK! Simply switch the soup to a blender or meals processor and mix till it’s as clean as you prefer it. Then return it to the pot, and portion it out to serve.
- Top every serving with ½ tbsp scallion and extra cheese, if desired.
Per serving: 397.2 cal, 11.3 g protein, 36.6 g fats, 7.7 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 5.7 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe (approx 1 c soup)
Keywords: Faux-tato, Soup, Vegetarian, Meatless Meals