It’s scorching out, and when temperatures are hovering there may be nothing that hits the spot like one thing cool and crisp. While I’m not a giant vegetable eater all through many of the yr, I eat much more in the best way of chilly salads with mild French dressing in the course of the summer season months. In addition to getting a bit of reduction from the Florida warmth, the number of colourful veg this time of yr is so fairly and a bit of bit irresistible.
This summer season salad takes benefit of all these issues. In-season produce, chilled effectively, and served with a pleasant drizzle of zingy, fatty goodness. It’s a complete 180 from the heavy consolation meals all of us take pleasure in in the course of the darker, colder months of the yr.
Notes: I used mild tasting olive oil in my dressing, primarily as a result of I needed the flavors of the citrus and Dijon mustard to shine by way of. If you like common olive oil or avocado oil, be at liberty to swap it in. The dressing can have a barely fruitier taste to it, however that’s okay if that’s what you want.
Summer Salad with Citrus Dijon Vinaigrette
Dressing alone: minus fiber and 0.2 g sugar alcohols = 0.3 g NET carbs per serving
Salad and dressing: minus fiber and 0.2 g sugar alcohols = 2.8 g NET carbs per serving
For the French dressing:
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz) mild olive oil, or oil of selection
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz) champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp (1 fl oz) lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (approx 2 grams) Swerve brown, or equal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried chives
- recent cracked black pepper, to style
For the salad:
- 80 g inexperienced leaf lettuce, finely chopped or shredded
- 60 g Brussels sprouts, shaved
- 40 g radicchio, finely chopped or shredded
- 90 g cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 50 g yellow bell pepper, julienne (lower into matchsticks)
- 64 g (approx 8) grape tomatoes, quartered
- 20 g inexperienced onion, thinly sliced
- 20 g shaved Parmesan cheese
- 30 g pepitas, roasted and salted
- 136 g (approx 1 medium) haas avocado, diced
For the Vinaigrette:
- Combine all substances in a glass jar, put the lid on, and shake.
- Taste and modify seasonings, as desired.
- Store within the fridge till able to serve. Shake effectively earlier than utilizing.
For the salad:
- Combine all substances in a big serving bowl and toss effectively to distribute evenly.
- Dress with Citrus Dijon Vinaigrette, and season with salt and recent cracked black pepper, if desired.
- Toss effectively to coat, and serve instantly.
Makes 8-10 servings. Macros calculated for 8 servings.
Macros for Vinaigrette alone (assumes 8 svgs): 190 cal, 0.1 g protein, 21.3 g fats, 0.6 g carbs, 0.1 g fiber, 0.2 g sugar alcohols
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 262.9
- Fat: 26.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
Keywords: Summer Salad, salad, greens, vegetarian, dressing, salad dressing, French dressing, Citrus Dijon French dressing