I’ve to admit, these meatballs have been an absolute delight to eat. I ate them every single day, for every week straight, and merely couldn’t get sufficient. When I ran out, I severely thought-about making one other batch to eat over the course of one other week.
They actually simply hit the spot.
Now, initially, I used to be gonna name these meatballs one thing alongside the traces of “tangy sauced,” however then I tasted it and yeah, they style like Sweet and Sour. It wasn’t the anticipated consequence, and but I’m insanely happy.
P.S. The sauce right here is so good, my daughter requested if I’d make it once more and apply it to wings. Yeah, I feel I can deal with that!
Note: This could be nice served with steamed caulirice or broccoli. It would even be actually superior as an appetizer for a celebration or potluck!
Minus fiber and 4.5 g sugar alcohols =
3.3 g NET carbs per serving
For the meatballs:
- 2 lb (32 oz/ 907 g) floor pork sausage
- 2 massive eggs
- 1 oz (28 g) crushed pork rinds
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, tops solely
For the sauce:
- 3/4 c (6 fl oz/ 177 ml) water
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) rice cooking wine (search for one which’s 1 carb or much less per 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 1/4 c (2 fl ox/ 59 ml) coconut aminos
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) low sugar or sugar free ketchup
- 3 tbsp (approx. 1 1/2 oz/ 43 g) brown sugar substitute (I used Swerve Brown)
- 1 tbsp (1/2 fl oz/ 15 ml) sesame oil
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp glucomannan powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
Make the meatballs:
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix all of the meatball components effectively, by hand, till completely mixed.
- Form into 32 evenly-sized meatballs, then prepare on the baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs at 400 for 20 minutes, or till an immediate learn termometer inserted into the middle of a meatball reads 160 levels F.
- Run them below the broiler for two-3 minutes to calmly brown the tops, if desired.
- Remove from the oven and let relaxation whereas making the sauce.
Make the sauce:
- Combine all sauce components besides glucomannan powder in a sauce pan set over medium-excessive warmth.
- Gradually whisk within the glucomannan powder, then carry to the boil.
- Reduce warmth to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes, or till it’s as thick as you want.
- Remove from the warmth, then toss with the meatballs to coat.
- Serve scorching.
- Serving Size: 4 sauced meatballs
- Calories: 442
- Fat: 35 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.4 g (see Description for NET carbs)
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 24.4 g
Keywords: Sweet and Sour, tangy, meatballs, pork, sausage