I’m certain there are inquiring minds on the market asking, “Who the heck is Tony?” Tony is my wonderful husband. After 4 years, and watching my weight reduction and large well being flip round via residing a Ketogenic life-style, final spring he determined to leap on the bandwagon with me. He ate principally keto anyway (my cooking is at all times compliant), so it wasn’t a tough transition for him. It helped that we eat a number of wealthy and scrumptious low carb meals at residence, together with his favourite meals of all time: steak.
Now, I do virtually all of the cooking, however that doesn’t imply Tony is incapable. In truth, when he decides to bust out the pots and pans, the result’s often fairly tasty, and this recipe is not any exception. I imagine he got here up with this straightforward mushroom concoction whereas he was planning to an extremely good steak dinner for me on Mother’s Day, and it was such successful with the entire household that we proceed to make it as our facet dish on steak night time. And that’s saying one thing, as a result of I’m not the largest mushroom fan. Even so, Tony’s Mushrooms shortly grew to become a favourite in my home, and I’m certain it is going to be in yours, too!
Notes: While the recipe requires beef broth, I extremely suggest utilizing the juices or drippings from no matter beef dish you occur to be cooking. We incessantly use the reserved drippings from our sous vide steaks, and solely add a bit additional beef broth if it’s wanted. It bumps the flavour of this dish as much as Maximum Deliciousness.
We are inclined to eat this as a topping for steak, so the portion is a bit small for a correct facet. Never worry! The carb rely on this dish is fairly low, so in the event you wished to make it as a facet, you would simply simply serve half the recipe per individual (it’s very straightforward to double in the event you want a bigger batch).
For a vegetarian possibility, use vegetable broth or inventory rather than the meat broth.
- 1 tbsp (1/2 fl oz/ 15 ml) avocado oil
- 2 tbsp (1 oz/ 28 g) salted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz (227 g) white mushrooms, sliced and shortly rinsed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- as much as 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) beef broth or beef drippings (vegetarians might use vegetable broth or inventory)
- 2 tbsp (1 fl oz/ 30 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tbsp (1/2 oz/ 14 g) cream cheese, in small chunks
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- contemporary cracked black pepper, to style
- Heat the avocado oil and butter in a skillet over medium till the butter is foamy.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and prepare dinner till simply aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Begin cooking the mushrooms in the identical skillet over medium, about 5 minutes, till a lot of the liquid the mushrooms give off has evaporated.
- Season with salt and proceed to prepare dinner one other minute or two.
- Deglaze the pan with 1/4 c (2 fl oz/ 59 ml) beef broth or drippings, scraping the underside with a wood spoon to stand up something that will have caught. If the broth bubbles off shortly, add a bit extra.
- Dot the pan with the cream cheese to soften, and stir within the heavy cream. Add one other splash of broth to the skillet, as mandatory if it seems to be dry, and stir till the cream cheese is totally melted.
- Once the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly and lowered to your liking, take away from the warmth and stir in parsley, then garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve scorching, as desired.
Per1/4 recipe: 159 cal, 5 G protein, 14.1 g fats, 2.9 g carbs, 0.7 g fiber, 2.2 g NET carbs
Keywords: Mushrooms, creamy, cream cheese, beef, savory, sides, toppings