Vanilla Bean Bourbon- which is a creation for my buddy, Elaine- is perhaps the most effective ice cream I’ve ever tasted. I’m not exaggerating right here. Even my picky-as-heck super-taster son stated it was “special,” and he meant it in a great way.
This ice cream has three sources of vanilla flavoring and, in fact, bourbon. I used a reasonably good high quality bourbon on this recipe, and the flavors actually steadiness one another out extremely properly. I really hope y’all get pleasure from this ice cream as a lot as we do, as a result of it’s totally pleasant.
Notes: For an in depth clarification of why I selected these sweeteners as your choices, please see right here. Also, if you happen to’d like to make use of a extra conventional stovetop custard technique after steeping the vanilla, see that hyperlink as properly. The stand mixer technique offered right here is my very own invention, is predicated on the Italian technique of creating meringue that’s fit for human consumption proper out of the blending bowl, and works superbly and simply, but it surely’s your selection.
Vanilla Bean Bourbon Ice Cream
Minus 10.7 g sugar alcohol =
1.7 g NET carbs per serving
- 3 oz (85 g) Allulose, Bochasweet, or xylitol
- 1 1/2 c (12 fl oz/355 ml) heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c (12 fl oz/ 355 ml) unsweetened boxed coconut milk (the skinny variety from the carton)
- 1 vanilla bean, complete
- Generous pinch salt
- 3 massive eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 drops vanilla flavored liquid stevia
- 3 tbsp good high quality bourbon whisky (I used Jim Beam Black)
- Prepare your ice cream maker as per its directions. This means if in case you have a bowl that must be chilled forward of time, do it properly beforehand, as per your machine’s directions.
- When able to make the custard, set a superb mesh strainer over a lidded bowl or container. Set apart.
- In a saucepan, mix heavy cream, coconut milk, sweetener, and salt.
- Split the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds instantly into the milk combination, then toss the seed pod into the combination as properly.
- Bring to a boil over medium warmth, stirring sometimes to forestall a movie forming on prime.
- Turn off the burner and put the lid on. Let the milk combination steep 1 hour.
- When the hour is up, beat eggs, vanilla, stevia, and bourbon on medium velocity in a stand mixer for only a minute or so to interrupt up the eggs and mix. Set apart.
- Return the milk combination to the warmth and convey again as much as simply the beginnings of a boil over medium warmth.
- As quickly as you see the primary actual boil bubbles, fish out the vanilla seed pod and discard. Turn off the warmth.
- Turn the stand mixer again on and start beating the egg combination on medium velocity.
- Slowly pour the extremely popular cream combination into the eggs as they’re beating crushed within the stand mixer.
- Once all of the cream combination is in and being integrated, proceed working the mixer at medium velocity for 5 minutes, or till the custard is thick sufficient to coat the again of a picket spoon.
- Pour the custard by the superb mesh strainer and into your storage bowl. Let cool barely, then put the lid on and chill totally. Ice cream custard needs to be aged a minimal of 4 hours, however longer is healthier. 8 hours or in a single day yields the most effective and most constant outcomes.
- Once the custard has aged, comply with your churn’s instructions to freeze. In my small Cuisinart, for instance, it sometimes takes quarter-hour to churn, however yours could fluctuate relying in your machine. You are in search of a soft-serve texture. If you get to the place it seems to be like onerous ice cream, you’ve churned too far. It will nonetheless be okay, however chances are you’ll have to scrape it out of your churner to get all of it into your freezing container. Fair warning and all.
- Transfer the churned ice cream to your freezing container, put the lid on, and freeze a minimal of 4 hours. Eight or extra for greatest outcomes.
For directions on making a stovetop custard, see right here. You may also discover a detailed clarification as to why I listed the sweeteners I did at that hyperlink.
- Serving Size: 2 scoops (approx. 16 scoops per batch)
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
Keywords: Vanilla Bean, bourbon, ice cream