We’re nonetheless in Back to Basics January, and this week’s recipe isn’t any exception. Cream cheese pancakes are a low carb and keto breakfast staple, and for good purpose! They’re clear and tremendous straightforward to make. I feel each low carb chef has his or her personal model. This is mine, and it’s been a long-term hit with my whole fam.
I like this model as a result of the addition of just a bit coconut flour (no almond flour, for my tree-nut averse mates!) and baking powder makes them a hair much less eggy and a little bit extra fluffy. They’re nonetheless fairly flat, like all cream cheese pancakes, however they’re gentle and tremendous tasty. They additionally retailer nicely within the fridge or freezer, so you can also make an enormous batch forward of time and take out what you want.
This can also be an important go-to recipe when little keto cooks-in-training need to assist out. The final batch I made, I allowed my nine-year-old daughter to assist me add all the pieces to the blender, then as soon as it was well-combined I confirmed her how a lot batter per pancake, what to search for and how you can flip, and she or he’s was off! She cooked all however that first pancake by herself, and each of my youngsters have been excited on the novelty of consuming one thing she made.
- 1 brick (8 oz/ 227 g) cream cheese, softened
- 8 massive eggs
- 2 stage tbsp coconut flour
- 1 stage tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp floor cinnamon
- 10 drops vanilla liquid stevia
- Combine all elements within the cup for an immersion blender, or in a blender or meals processor.
- Blend completely, till it’s completely liquidifed and bubbly.
- Let stand when you warmth your skillet or griddle.
- Once your skillet or griddle is nicely heated over medium, flippantly grease with butter or coconut oil spray.
- Add about 3 tbsp batter per every pancake and prepare dinner over medium for a number of minutes, till the pancake is usually cooked by way of and the bubbles that type on the floor of the cooking pancake are popping.
- With a large spatula, wiggle beneath every pancake a lot of the means, then flip in a single easy movement.
- Continue cooking over medium till the second facet is golden brown, then take away to plates to chill.
- Repeat with remaining batter till you could have a very good 16 pancakes.
- Serve heat with butter and/or keto pleasant syrup and revel in!
Per 2 pancakes: 187 cal, 8.3 g protein, 15.3 g fats, 3.8 g carbs, 0.7 g fiber, 3.1 g NET carbs
Keywords: Pancakes, cream cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, breakfast, straightforward, fundamentals